Vim & Vitality Blog
How to REALLY Burn Fat!
I am a skeptic! I read about weight loss products that burn fat, and I immediately have all of these contentions:
- I bet itâs only psychosomatic!
- Itâs probably expensive!
- Iâm sure itâs only temporary or water weight!
- It canât be healthy!
- Are those real people in unaltered photos?
I have written about the concept of HEALTH GAIN vs. WEIGHT LOSS before with the focus being on:
- Quality of Calories
- âThe Calorie Gameâ vs. Macronutrient Balance, including frequent variation (keep the body guessing!)
- Portion Control
- Carb Management & Metabolic Typing
- Intermittent Fasting
- Interval Training
- Endocrine Balance, including hormones, HPTA Axis support
- Stress Management
- Sex Drive in Women
- Balanced Blood Sugar
Well, now I am going to talk even more about thermogenesis as it relates to an excellent weight loss product that I have only recently discovered. This excellent herbal weight loss product contains the following fat-burning ingredients:
- Resveratrol-- an activator for the enzyme that is encoded by the SIRT1 gene in the human body which becomes present when a human engages in a calorie restricted diet. When the body realizes that calories are being restricted, the SIRT1 gene begins to work away at the bodyâs stored adipose tissue to use as energy.
- Tribulus--this is an herb, not a hormone, but is able to increase testosterone by increasing lutenizing hormone (LH) in your body. Some studies have showed up to a 50% increase in the body which helps build muscle and strength while burning fat.
- Epimedium-- also known as Horny Goat Weed, this herb boosts male sex hormones (which burn fat), increases blood flow to the brain and sexual organs while simultaneously lowering blood pressure and toning the liver, gives dieters more resilience, and helps with the feel of any bone or joint discomfort.
- GABA + B Vitamins-- this combination works by lowering stress and promoting calm. This ingredient focuses more on the psychological needs of dieters trying to lose weight rather than physical changes.
- Amino Acids--
- L-Glutamine-- makes up 60% of your bodyâs amino acid stores and is a provisionally essential amino acid. Amino Acids are the âbuilding blocksâ for protein and they are classified as essential (meaning that your body is incapable to synthesize them itself and must come from diet.) Your body stores glutamine within the muscles, lung, liver, brain and stomach tissues. Glutamine enhances metabolism as well as fat burning by enhancing your active and resting metabolic rate, and small quantities of this amino acid intensify the discharge of growth hormone, which is a strong fat burner. It also enhances intracellular levels of the essential branched-chain amino acid L-leucine, which prevents muscle deficit. Glutamine also works to energize and heal the intestines and other soft tissues (gut health in later stages of the GAPS Diet), boosts the immune system, and sustains your bodyâs antioxidant source.
- L-Arginine-- has the ability to enhance lean tissue growth which might be effective in boosting fat loss and helps the body become leaner. Researchers found that adding Arginine to either a high or low fat diet resulted in significant reductions in body fat. Arginine is needed by the body to make nitric oxide, a gas that boosts blood flow. Nitric oxide also regulates several processes in the body, including fat and glucose metabolism. Researchers found that inhibiting nitric oxide production was associated with fat gain while stimulating nitric oxide secretion was correlated with enhanced lipolysis, or fat breakdown, according to research published in the September 2006 issue of the Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry.
- L -Carnitine-- is produced naturally in the body by the liver and kidneys and is also found in the cells of the heart, brain, sperm and skeletal muscles. This amino acid is often used in weight loss supplements because it helps the body turn fat into energy by transporting long-chain fatty acids to the mitochondria of these cells for metabolism, as well as removing toxic compounds from the mitochondria. Some studies do show that oral Carnitine reduces fat mass, increases muscle mass and reduces fatigue.
This product is best used along with base-level nutritional support containing all of the 90 essential nutrients that our bodies need every day. Many weight loss programs focus on depriving the body of both calories and nutrients which result in only temporary weight loss and lowered metabolism. However, by giving the body the nutrients that it craves, appetite is curbed, hunger subsides, and metabolism remains high. Plus, this herbal/ amino acid combination weight loss product works by stimulating an increase in your body's own production of hCG-- not to be confused with the hCG diet, which uses human chorionic gonadotrophin (hCG) from pregnant horses and human women (yuck!). hCG is produced during pregnancy to allow the mother to continue to nourish the baby in the event of a food shortage by converting fat stores to energy. Naturally stimulating the production of this hormone while not pregnant results in fat burning, especially around your belly!
So, does it work? I thought I would give it a try myself. In 10 days, I lost 4 pounds, but my clothing (especially my pants) felt quite a bit looser, so I took my measurements, and I was ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED to find that I had lost over 24 inches!! IT REALLY WORKS! The average weight loss is 1/2-1 pound per day. So, now I am telling all of my friends, family, and clients about this amazing product. Plus, there is plenty of support along the way in the form of support groups and additional resources available to those who sign up during the months of February or March 2015:
- Access to weight loss program website for resources and tips
- Weekly support call-- Fridays from 12:30-1:30pm MST. Mutual support and encouragement from others who are on the same program or who have graduated. Receive personalized coaching and tips for HEALTH GAIN & WEIGHT LOSS
Want to be âbeach readyâ for Spring Break? Pick your program: 3-weeks to lose 10-20 pounds or 6-weeks to lose 20-50 pounds. Both programs provide base-level nutrition PLUS weight loss!
Lâchaim-- To Life!
"The Effects of Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate Supplementation on Endurance-Trained Females."www.acsm.org. American College of Sports Medicine, May 2008. Web. 16 May 2012.
Erlich, Steven D. "Carnitine (L-carnitine)." University of Maryland Medical Center. www.umm.edu, 31 Mar. 2011. Web. 16 May 2012. http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/carnitine-l-000291.htm.
Facey, Dorian. "Tribulus Terrestris & Weight Loss." LIVESTRONG.COM. Live Strong, 26 May 2011. Web. 16 May 2012. http://www.livestrong.com/article/350154-tribulus-terrestris-weight-loss/.
Gamonski, William. "L-Arginine Weight Loss." LIVESTRONG.COM. Live Strong, 11 Aug. 2011. Web. 16 May 2012. http://www.livestrong.com/article/233939-l-arginine-weight-loss/.
"L-arginine: MedlinePlus Supplements." U.S National Library of Medicine. U.S. National Library of Medicine, 14 July 2011. Web. 16 May 2012. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/natural/875.html.
"L-Glutamine and Weight Loss â Losing Weight through the Amino Acid." http://l-glutaminetruth.com. L-glutaminetruth.com, 2012. Web. 14 May 2012. http://l-glutaminetruth.com/lglutamine-weight-loss-losing-weight-amino-acid.
"Lose Weight with Resveratrol." Resveratrol and Weight Loss -. ResveratrolBenefits.com, 2009. Web. 14 May 2012. http://www.resveratrolbenefits.com/weight-loss.html.
"Picamilon." http://www.dpills.co.uk/. Weight Loss Pills. Web. 14 May 2012. http://www.dpills.co.uk/diet-pill-ingredients/picamilon/.
Tapert, John. "How Does L-Carnitine Help Lose Weight?" LIVESTRONG.COM. Live Strong, 2 Dec. 2010. Web. 16 May 2012. http://www.livestrong.com/article/323572-how-does-l-carnitine-help-lose-weight/.
"Tribulus Terrestris Facts, Information, and Research." Bodybuildingforyou.com. Body Building for You. Web. 14 May 2012. http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/pro-hormones/tribulus-terrestris-facts.htm. Wu, G., C. J. Meiniger, W. J. Fu, S. K. Fried, and W. S. Jobgen.
"Result Filters." National Center for Biotechnology Information. U.S. National Library of Medicine, 17 Sept. 2006. Web. 16 May 2012. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16524713.
Zhong, S. Y. "Inhibitory Effects of Saponins from Tribulus Terrestris on Alpha-glucosidase in Small Intestines of Rats." National Center for Biotechnology Information. U.S. National Library of Medicine, 31 June 2006. Web. 16 May 2012. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17048632
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.